Saturday, May 20, 2017

NEW FEATURE. TEXAS ABSTRACT TEXTILES........ BY BARBARA LEMLEY


Ive started something new. 
Abstract textiles. 

I went into a painting funk and lost interest for a while. Several years actually.

I put down my paintbrush and went into hiding. One day, I met a lady online, who lives in Colorado and she was teaching abstract textiles. Whoa, I fell in love.

I fell in love with what she constructed and suddenly found new inspiration. 
It took a while and about 300.00 to find the special papers, glitter and golds to construct these special acrylic abstract textiles. Shes a natural, and I could not have found a better teacher. I bought one of her instructional videos online, and have been in art heaven for months now.

***

Let me share with you what Ive learned. 
I use special papers like rice paper and something magic called Tyvek. 
Tyvek puckers when you place a hot iron on it, like the turquoise colors in this piece below. I make the leaves or embellishments from 'plaster of paris' or modeling clay and paint them to match. I use black river rocks, loose weaved burlap, and special papers on heavily textured canvas. The end results is below.
  "Secret Treasures"

10 X 10
"Secret Treasures"
250.00
Available for purchase.

Ready to hang, frame not necessary.
Shipping price depends on how far you live
from Texas.


...and more to come.

Keep an eye out
 on my other blog "Moments in a Day"
for more of these 'little treasures' 
of abstract textiles. 

GO HERE.   http://momentsinaday.blogspot.com/


***



My new love is making abstract textile mixed media art.

This abstract textile is made with something magic called Tyvek.  Its used in new construction as a material thats fire proof. Tyvek puckers when you place a hot iron on it, like the gold piece at the bottom of this piece below. 

I make the  embellishments from 'plaster of paris' or modeling clay and paint them to match.  I use black river rocks, loose weaved burlap, and special papers on heavily textured canvas. I use acrylic mediums to paint in the 3D effects and use many layers of acrylic pouring mediums, top coated with hard polyurethane.
The end results is below.
"5423"


"5423"
8 x 8 canvas canvas, ready to hang. 
Frame not needed.
190.00

"The background
 is a little more goldish than showing in the photo.
I'll see if I can get a better photo and post it."

"Thank you for being interested."
Barbara Lemley

And dont forget that shipping cost.
The price depends on how far you live
from Texas.


Keep an eye out
 on my other blog "Moments in a Day"
for more of these 'little treasures' 
of abstract textiles. 


GO HERE.    http://momentsinaday.blogspot.com/

Commissions welcome.

Art Auctions:   here

View my books: here

View my art blog  here

View all inventory:  here

View all of my links:  here

View my Bedroom Art  here


Texas Fine Art and Abstract artist Barbara Lemley has partnered with Redbubble. They add my art to their products.
 
iPhone cases, Samsung Galaxy Case/Skins, Throw pillows, mugs, tote bags, greeting cards, hardcover journals..even shower curtains.


To see those products on "Redbubble" go HERE.

To see those products on "Snowflake Gallery" go HERE.


If you want a different product color, I can do that too.

Commissions are always welcome. 
Just contact me at:Email: barbara.lemley@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment